Listen Live to Wide Awakes Radio

non-javascript player


Google




Subscribe in Bloglines
Add The Passionate America Show to ODEO









Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Catalog
Globe of Blogs
Powered by Blogger
Main | Contact | About
Passionate America Blog
My Photo
Name:
Location: Moore, Oklahoma, United States


Wild Bill Needs Help

Wide Awakes Radio website

WAR On Air Talent Schedule
Check Out The Promo

Wide Awakes Radio

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sony PCM-D1 Portable Linear PCM Recorder


If you would like to buy me a birthday present, this would be a good idea. lol :)

My birthday is coming up on July 15th, so I spent a little time dreaming about what I could use for my birthday. I need a portable recorder for my radio show so I can record a backup of my show and record on-the-spot interviews. Sony has possibly the best personal recorder on the market, the Sony PCM-D1 Portable Linear PCM Recorder. This baby does it all, is compact, and looks cool as hell.

Here is a little more about the Sony PCM-D1 Portable Linear PCM Recorder from Sony's website:
The PCM-D1 portable audio recorder is ideal for capturing live musical and theatrical performances, or for journalists recording in the field. Features include 96 kHz-24 bit recording capability, 4GB internal Flash Memory, removable Memory Stick Pro High-Speed storage (optional) and a built-in USB port compatible with Macintosh® and Windows®/PC operating systems. The PCM-D1 is lightweight, free of all drive mechanisms, equipped with highly sensitive electret condenser microphones, and designed with circuits that process stereo sound with virtually no extraneous noise. The body of this portable recorder is made of pressed titanium that's ten times harder than alumite-treated aluminum.

Wow! The things I could do with that. The price is a little out of my range. At $1,999.95, it might be a while before I can afford it.

Here are a few more birthday ideas that are closer to my price range.

Hopefully by Christmas I will be in a better position where I can put together a real home studio, so my radio show will sound better, be easier to produce, and allow me to record professional quality radio broadcasts. I'm so excited.

Technorati | | | | | | | | | | | |



The Passionate America Show Main Page